because we can
To date Camp Riva-Lake has raised over $100,000 in donations
as part of our on-going capital campaign. We have been able to purchase bunk beds, a new sailboat, a water trampoline and we built a small pavilion on the camp grounds. But there is much to be done to keep CRL growing. We encourage you to participate in a way that reflects your happiest memories of CRL. All donations are tax deductible.
CRL is committed to providing scholarship support to a limited number of campers each summer. Your scholarship donation will enable a young girl to come to camp and learn both new activities and important life skills. No gift is too small to make a difference! The Hortense Fund, affectionately named after one of our CRL legends, originally was set up by alums giving smaller amounts to provide commissary to campers who would not otherwise have these treats. To date, the Hortense Fund has benefitted those in the local community, former campers and daughters of veterans in the armed forces, enabling them to experience all that Riva-Lake has to offer. The CRL spirit is still burning bright….share it with a new camper.
We are happy to announce that we now have the ability to accept donations in the form of stock as well as cash donations. If you would like more information on how to make a gift of stock to Camp Riva-Lake, you may contact DeSaix at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have several ways you can donate.
You can click here to donate using your PayPal account or credit card. Please scroll down for our CRL Wish List.
You can shop at AmazonSmile, selecting Camp Riva-Lake, Inc. as your charitable organization. AmazonSmile is operated by Amazon with the same wide selection of products and easy shopping, but the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers (like CRL!). Click on the AmazonSmile link and select Camp Riva-Lake, Inc., as your organization of choice!
Large Assets Desired:
1. Canoes and/or sailboats: lightly used/well maintained. A $5,000 donation will purchase a new sailboat and $500 will purchase a new canoe
2. Donation to build a new tree house
3. Camping equipment (tarps, igloos, cookware for fires, etc)
4. A misting tent for hot days!
Camp Session Fun Items:
1. $2,000 donation toward the purchase of fun lake inflatables and other lake accessories
2. Costumes for dress-up and productions or crafts items
3. Donation toward excursions (to Falls Mill, Cumberland Caverns, Rock City, etc.)
4. Party themes (contribute to annual carnival, pizza party, ice cream social, etc.)
CRL Improvements to be made with cash donations:
1 Tennis Court patching and improvements
2 Improvements to the barn
1. Camp opening/closing
2. Landscaping / grading plans and assistance
3. City recruiters
4. Fundraising for challenge course or acquisition of land surrounding camp
For more information or questions, please contact email@example.com